Scholarship Application Process
Who is eligible for a scholarship?
If you are a student who fits the criteria listed below, please consider applying for a scholarship through Kids’ Chance of Virginia!
- Age 26 or younger at the time of application
- Child who is a dependent of a worker who has been killed, seriously injured, or experienced a debilitating illness in a work-related incident
- Demonstrated financial need to pay for post-secondary education
- Accepted or planning to attend a college, university, or technical school
- Pursuing a degree as a full-time or part-time student
How do I apply for a scholarship?
Applications can be filled out online. To complete your online application, you will need the following documentation:
- Completed Kids’ Chance Scholarship Application with student, family, and university/college/technical school contact information
- Transcript of most recent grades – unofficial transcript is acceptable
- Copy of the Student Aid Report (SAR) you received from completing the FAFSA, with your Student Aid Index (SAI), formerly called the Expected Family Contribution (EFC), IF you are attending a 2-year or 4-year college or university
- Brief description of the applicant’s education and career goals
- Proof of injury/illness claim, such as determination letter or Claim Number from the state worker’s compensation board or death certificate
- Parents’ basic employer information
Already a KCVA Scholarship Recipient?
Complete your renewal application here